How Can CBD Help With Your Depression or Anxiety?
With suicide rates rapidly increasing, mental health experts everywhere are desperate to discover new medications and therapy tactics to combat the rising occurrences of mental issues including depression, anxiety and behavioral disorders. Impressive new evidence has surfaced showing hemp cbd oils might aid in combating failing mental health.
Both hemp and cannabis have found throughout history as far back as 2000 BC for calming stress and anxiety. Although it's common in everyday life, untreated anxiety can become a debilitating disorder such as agoraphobia, PTSD, OCD and even bipolar or schizo-type illness.
1. Agoraphobia/Panic Disorder: Symptoms include fear of public places and outings, sweating, chest pain, palpitations and unfounded feelings of terror.
2. Phobias: Fear of specific images, textures, objects or people.
3. Social Anxiety Disorder: The inability to deal with everyday social interactions which left untreated can cause long periods of time alone without being able to communicate with even friends or family. These symptoms can occur randomly throughout the year and should never last longer than a few weeks.***
4. Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This is one of the most common of disorders, it includes rapid times of excessive worrying/planning.
Recently, the World Health Organization predicted depression “will be the second most prevalent cause of illness-induced disability by the year 2020”. Currently, antidepressants are the third most common psychiatric drugs prescribed worldwide.
Depression is a condition of general emotional withdrawal and dejection. These periods can last weeks, months and in the worst cases years.*** Between 2009 and 2012, 7.6% of Americans aged 12 and over had depression with the highest rates of depression being found in females aged 40-59.
Hemp-derived Cannabidiol (CBD), is becoming a viable alternative to expensive antidepressant medications for the treatment of many forms of depression.
Studies have shown hemp CBD interacts with our 5-HT1A neuro-receptors. These receptors typically maintain serotonin into the neurons throughout the brain reducing amounts of free serotonin in the extracellular space. Serotonin is a chemical message or neurotransmitter most used in the treatment of depression. Below we've shared our favorite CBD mental health connection studies.
***Long periods of sadness and/or time alone are when those struggling with their mental health can slip into a dangerous place. If you have been experiencing paralyzing symptoms that have kept you indoors and from contacting loved ones please know you are in a low period and it will get better. If you have gone to that dark place know you matter so much. Please contact 1-800-273-8255. It's anonymous, no pressure or judgment attached and they can help so much. You can also reach out to Pure Hemp via Facebook and we will share every resource we have to get you the immediate help you deserve! You've got this.
What the CBD Research Says About CBD & Depression/Anxiety:
- Lancet 1997;349:1498-504. [PubMed]
- Murray CGL, Lopez AD. Alternative projections of mortality and disability by cause 1990-2020: Global Burden of Disease Study.
Here's What the Medical Community Is Saying About CBD & Depression/Anxiety: