Doctor Recommended Weight Loss Tips
It’s that time of year again. Our team here at Pure Hemp has collectively eaten every single cookie, cake, donut and chocolate our wonderfully loving customers and vendors have sent our way. Thank you for the delicious treats! Now you could pretty much stick a fork in us because we are done.
We’ve decided to get a jump start on our resolutions because as of this morning even our “fat pants” aren’t fitting anymore. In case you too are feeling the burn (heartburn that is), we’ve compiled some doctor-recommended tips to help put you back on a path of natural health and life without the bloated feeling.
- Stop rewarding yourself before you reach your goals. Do not slip into the mentality that just because you’re working out you can have extra junk. Dr. Susan Peirce Thompson believes this mentality ends up sabotaging your overall weight loss goals. "Exercise will undermine your attempts to lose weight," Dr. Thompson says, because of what she called the “compensation effect”. "After you've been to the gym, you justify and rationalize grabbing a bagel and a latte—and you negate the work that you put in at the gym all week long." When the reality is regular physical exercise should be something you do daily without the need for an added treat or benefit.
- Stop skipping breakfast. "Many people think skipping breakfast is a great way to cut calories, but they usually end up eating more throughout the day, says Elizabeth Ward, MS, RD, author of The Pocket Idiot's Guide to the New Food Pyramids. "Studies show people who eat breakfast have lower BMIs than breakfast-skippers and perform better, whether at school or in the boardroom." So grab a heart-healthy oatmeal or take it a step further by with our delicious Hemp CBD Protein Powder smoothie made with your favorite fresh fruit and low-sugar greek yogurt.
- Keep your pantry clean and lean. A big issue when trying to bulk down is the temptation of junk food lying around. We know itś hard when you have a family, but try supporting each other and saving the special snacks for events outside of the home. Stock your kitchen with plenty of fruits and vegetables and at every meal and snack, include a few servings," Ward says. "Your diet will be enriched with vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, fiber, and if you fill up on super-nutritious produce, you won't be reaching for the cookie jar."
- Catch enough ZZZs. Sleeping is imperative to muscle and brain recovery. A recent clinical study revealed, 74 percent of people who get a good night’s sleep said they found weight loss easier. And 82 percent said they found it easier to stick to a healthy eating regime. This is exceptionally important for avoiding stress as well. Pure Hemp CBD products were not made to treat any sleep issues but can be a great addition in supporting overall wellness. Check out our great CBD infused sleep spray.
- PORTION CONTROL. This is really what weight loss comes down to. More calories in than out. One pound is 3,500 calories so view it as a bank account you don’t want to overdraft. Listen to your body and stop feeling the need to clear your plate, especially when dining out. When you go out try asking for them to box half of your meal before they bring you the plate. Get instant portion control by using small bowls, plates, and cups, says Brian Wansink, PhD, author of Mindless Eating.
- Stop stressful triggers. One of the biggest causes of overeating is stress and anxiety. Why? Because your body thinks you’ve used calories to deal with your stress, even though you haven’t, says Pamela Peeke, MD. So it begins to store all your extra as fat. If you know it’s coming try a natural stress reliever like meditation or try CBD which is not meant to treat stress of anxiety but is a great way to promote a sense of calm. Try our great products such as our CBD Spray. Journaling your emotions and avoiding emotional eating are other keys to help.